Friday 9 March 2012

"The Journey of the Camper Van"

Well its been fun trying my hand at all this making malarkey. since I last blogged I've got new coloured glasses which are wonderful, I'm able to read faster and spot spelling errors far more than previously so although it was an expense purchasing my Cerium coated dyslexic glasses it really was worth it. its even improved my knitting, I'm making less mistakes because I'm NOT reading the same line over!

Jar Floffle
So my first make of the week was another  "jar floffle" made for my Hubby to put in our recording studio. Wilde Rose Studio.

Since Jinian is a Singer/Vocalist working from home were able to open up his work Studio offering people the chance to have there Singing Experience professionally recorded by someone who has had lots of experience of  the music industry (inc. Chart Hits). Anyway i digress >>> shame theses glasses cant stop my waffle!



 It was also Jinian's Birthday this week, so I made a card from odd bit's of paper....a few years ago I made cards, amongst other things but all my equipment is now stored away in the loft so i made a very basic card with very limited equipment but it was made with love :)




I also knitted a Sheep for my Far away Nephew "Ryan". He has always been Sheep Bonkers, so I decided I'd try to knit him one.
It came out wonderful (with the exception of my sewing) so before being sent on an all inclusive trip to Lancaster to be with his new owner i decided to take Sheep out on a day trip.



 Now you are probably thinking I am mad, and maybe you are right. So sheep is now winging his way to Ryan.

I also started a new knitting project, as I'm unable to make rings and things at the moment (my fingers are splitting due to wire work)....I feel a digression occurring >>>>> A few months ago I thought I'd find a hobby so I had a friend Meany-Jar who was selling a jewelry making kit, I got it and fell in love with making things and buttons. Since then I've started knitting. I usually have such trouble switching off but when I get "crafty" I have head peace :). I'm a student studying Psychotherapy, it can be quite intense. Often I will become so engrossed with thinking that I "thunk it" all to bits, but when I make things I switch off for a while. My life has balance.

 As I was saying, before I so bloody annoyingly interrupted myself, I'm mid way through Knitting a "camper van" it is so cute, I cant wait for it to be finished...but I also don't want it to be finished because I'm enjoying "The Journey". Anyhow it will be a wonderful Door stop once completed.
Rear Window
Right side of camper van

*UPDATE*
And complete it Now is, it took me five days of on/off knitting. This camper van was knitted in three bits (the two sides were sewn onto the middle piece which is one long bit). It's the third thing I've knitted so far and I think it looks great, what do you think?

The Singing Blogger Camper Van
 I also found some amazing Buttons which will look cool on the
 van as wheels. they are wooden but have a print on them, and as soon as my hands are better I will be making some funky bracelets and necklaces with them.

Well thanks for taking the time to stop by, I'd love a few more followers so feel free to Join me on "The Journey of the Camper Van".

No comments:

Post a Comment